Tonight a woman asked me a question that I needed to revisit prior city ordinances to answer. I went to the City of Charlestown’s website and selected the Ordinances for 2019. I was greeted by a blank screen. None of the Resolutions or Ordinances approved by the City Council have yet been posted online.
While my platform addresses plans to provide financial accountability, repair our infrastructure, and expand our recreational and social services, I also maintain that we can only accomplish these things effectively with full transparency.
On the evening of the Primary Election Mayor Bob Hall criticized my commitment to providing transparency and told Jason Thomas of the News and Tribune that his administration is an “open book,” and that “All of our records, all of our finances, everything is online.” (News and Tribune Article 05/07/2019).
It seems Mayor Hall is mistaken.
- Resolution 2019-R-1 A Resolution Modifying the Charlestown Economic Development Area and Allocation Area – Approved 01/07/2019
- Resolution 2019-R-2 Confirms the City’s Adoption of the Americans with Disabilities Act – Approved 01/07/2019
- Resolution No. 2019-R-3 – A Resolution of the City of Charlestown Common Council Approving a Resolution of the City of Charlestown Redevelopment Commission Creating the Renaissance Project Economic Development Area and Approving an Economic Development Plan – Approved 01/22/2019
- Resolution No. 2019-R-4 – A Resolution Approving an Interlocal Agreement for the Joint Use and Operation of the Jeffersonville-Clark County Animal Shelter – Approved 02/04/2019
- Resolution 2019-R-5 A Resolution Directing the Disposition of Net Proceeds from the Sale of the Water Utility – Approved 03/04/2019
- Resolution 2019-R-6 – A Resolution Establishing the Name of a Neighborhood Park in the City of Charlestown in Memory of Officer Ben Bertram – Approved 04/01/2019
- Ordinance No. 2019-OR-1 Additional Appropriations Ordinance (Police Station) – Approved 02/04/2019
- Ordinance No. 2019-OR-2 Zoning Ordinance Ace Hardware – Approved 02/04/2019
- Ordinance No. 2019-OR-3 – Checks Over 2 years – Approved 02/19/2019
- Ordinance No. 2019-OR-4 – An Ordinance Amending Ordinance No. 2018-OR-23 An Ordinance Establishing Property Maintenance Standards Within the City of Charlestown, Indiana – Approved 03/04/2019
- Ordinance No. 2019-OR-5 – An ordinance establishing a fund for the utility subsidies – Approved 02/19/2019
- Ordinance No. 2019-OR-6 – Additional Appropriations Ordinance – Approved 04/01/2019
You can read summaries of all city meetings and listen to the recored audio at my blog site: TalkingPoli.com